In partnership with:
William Peace University and District C partner to bring you a unique problem solving experience. Over 5 intensive days this summer, you will work with a team of diverse students — a “Peace Squad” — to solve a real problem for a real business. All Peace Squad participants are eligible for an $18,000 annual scholarship from William Peace.
When & Where
Monday June 17 - Friday June 21
9:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 9:00 am - 1:00 pm on Friday
At William Peace University in Raleigh
How It Works
1. SCHOLARSHIP POTENTIAL. Peace Squad participants who apply for admission to William Peace University and are accepted through the standard admissions process will be offered an annual $18,000 scholarship from WPU.
2. GROWTH. The world needs thinkers who can break down increasingly complex problems, doers who will persevere in the face of uncertainty, and collaborators who know how to bring together diverse people and ideas. This experience will get you started and give you the tools to keep growing.
3. DIVERSITY. This is an opportunity to learn from and build relationships with a diverse set of peers from all across the region.
4. IMPACT. You will work with businesses and organizations that have important problems to solve. Your work will have real consequences and the potential to make a meaningful impact.
5. COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE. You will emerge with a real-world, professional experience that will set you apart from your peers.
The Application Process
1. NOMINATION. Your school will nominate 8 rising juniors and seniors to apply.
2. APPLICATION. Those 8 students will fill out the application by clicking on the button below. Application deadline is 5/3 by midnight.
3. SELECTION. WPU will select 4 students from your school to participate.
4. NOTIFICATION. District C will be in touch with selected students to communicate next steps. Selection notifications will be made during the week of 5/6.